We have a fast, easy and convenient new testing option available – MyCheck!
Test at a pathology service near you without needing to attend the clinic.
To use MyCheck you must:
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be an existing SSHC client (have a patient ID number)
- Have NO symptoms
SSHC will manage all your results and provide treatment if needed.
Call (02) 9382 7440 and ask for MyCheck.
- Call SSHC at (02) 9382 7440 during opening hours: 1:30 – 5pm on Wednesdays and 9:00am- 5:30pm other weekdays; OR Sexual Health Info Link on 1800 451 624: Weekdays 9am -5:30pm, and ask for Mycheck.
- We’ll do a quick assessment over the phone and then you can go straight to a pathology collection centre (no need to attend the clinic).
- After the assessment, an email that contains instructions will be sent to you, followed by a TEXT MESSAGE that contains the link to a BARCODE.
- Click the link to view the barcode, and you can also view the pathology form by putting in your Date of Birth. MyCheck text message example imageMyCheck barcode example image
- Find the nearest pathology centre near you by clicking on these links: SONIC/Douglass Hanly Moir (DHM) or SydPath.
- Simply show the barcode to the staff at pathology lab, they will be able to see what tests have been ordered.
- They will then collect blood samples (if they are ordered) from you, and provide you with the swab or sample pots, with which you collect the rest of samples yourself on site.
- Results can take up to 7 days. You will then get a text message or phone call from a nurse at SSHC with your results.